EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED
- Supervise and assist as needed residents during meal preparation, housekeeping responsibilities, personal hygiene, grooming and other activities as needed.
- Maintain clinical records as designated by policies and procedures such as, but not limited to; documentation of assigned training classes, physical observation, significant observation notes, and any behavioral management programs.
- Provide input to individual program planning for assigned residents. Train/instruct residents in areas in individual program plan under the training system established by the contracted agency, including supervision of residents in workshop activities.
- Provide transportation to residents as required.
- Supervise residents in recreational activities both on site and off site.
- Be responsible during evening hours to contact appropriate administrative staff in case of an emergency.
- Make written reports of significant incidents occurring during shift.
- Serve, as an informal advocate for residents and provide individual and residential needs management.
- Correct unacceptable behavior and help residents meet the necessary requirements of the house rules.
- Supervise residents on self-medication.
- Provide first-aid assistance to all residents and assist in the follow through on medical needs for residents.
- Complete weekly meal monitoring sheets, assigned chores, and assist with weekly budgets and special requests.
- Assist in maintaining all necessary supplies for client needs, i.e. grooming supplies, household cleaning supplies, and items needed for staff job duties.
- Assist in general upkeep and repair of facility such as, but, not limited to: keeping inside of vehicles clean and ensure sufficient gasoline level for next usage, cleaning of facility grounds and/or buildings, and pursuing possible outside resources for resolving noted problems areas.
- Supervise residents during meal preparation.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Administrator/Director.
Report suspected abuse & neglect to supervisor immediately (within one hour).